Monday, February 18, 2013

Heavy Mortar: high poly model and first shaders

Hello!

After a lot of experimenting, tutorials and other fiddling, I've laid out my first shader networks in maya. The blue grey is a mia_material_x with a base and reflected color. I used the satined metal and preset and mixed in about 60% matt finish. From there I messed with the glossiness and the direction of the anisotropy reflection angle, and tweeked the BRDF around a bit. After that, I added in a fractal + noise for the bump maping and knocked it wayyyyy down.

The copper was a blinn, with the diffuse dropped a bit, eccentricity lowered and specular roll off rised up. Warm yellow specular color. The main color was a cloud of oranges and reds, with a modified fractal for the bump map.







And finally, the hard surface modeled mortar!


No comments:

Post a Comment