Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Environment: Exterior

The second environmental project I worked on was an exterior shot, with a very low poly limit of 2500 (skydome was free). This added a lot of challenges since we had to model to the concept art.  Concept art is by Peter Moehrle ( The Happy Brush ).


We had some leeway here and there and we had to add more clutter to the center and show off a hero prop (500 polys tops for the prop).  We had a maximum of 2 2048x2048 sheets for textures (skydome free again). Here's the ambient occlusion pass and the final render. I chose mid morning for my piece so we have yellowish light with blueish shadows.



Critique: I think I  need to work more on my low poly rocks. They could blend in better to the scene and some of their profiles could be better. Many objects were repeated, but look a little too similar. Creating multiple shaders (referring to the same textures) and tweaking those could go a long way to solve those issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment